Take time to volunteer. Schools are better, students are better, and you are better. ~ Sandy Bell, President, Oregon PTA
Whether in the classroom, at a PTA event, or on a committee, volunteers are always needed and appreciated at Vernon!
Please Note: Before you can volunteer with students, you must complete the Online PPS Volunteer Registration / Background Check (required once every 3 years).
- Garden / Schoolyard Work Parties – [ 1pm to 4pm, 2nd Sat. of the month except Dec. & Jan. ] Just come to the schoolyard / garden ready to help. Kids welcome! Check the calendar for exact dates!
- PTA Meetings – Come to our meetings (every 1st Wednesday of the month) and find out the latest on upcoming school events, committee projects, admin updates and more! Membership recommended, but not required.
- Events – Join the fun helping out at any (or all!) of our events, many of which help raise essential funds for our school.
- Committees – Anyone can become a member of any of our wonderful committees! Or simply pitch in whenever gardening, art, or other committee projects help is requested.
- Classroom – Contact teachers to find out how you can help out in the classroom.
- Fundraising – Don’t have a lot of spare time? Collecting Box Tops or taking part in Community Rewards Programs are great ways to help that doesn’t require extra time.
- PTA Board – New board members are elected every spring — a great way to become directly involved in improving our school!
- Grant Writing – Have experience with writing grants? We need you!!! Grants have been instrumental in improving our schoolyard and other school facilities in past years, but there are so many more opportunities to take advantage of — if interested, please contact email@example.com for more info.
- Other Ideas – Got an idea for another way to help? Have any special talents/connections that might be useful? Contact Vernon PTA’s Volunteer Coordinator, Shauna Ballo