What We Do:
- Promote and expand participation in the Safe Routes to School Walk and Bike campaigns
- Encourage more students to bike, walk, skate or scoot to school on a regular basis.
- Create awareness of the health and safety hazards surrounding vehicular congestion around the school campus and promote methods to reduce the congestion.
- Support parent, student, and teacher initiated activities and educational campaigns that help the Vernon population make healthy lifestyle choices.
1. International Walk and Bike to School Day
2. Walk and Bike to School Challenge Month
3. Girls on the Run (after school through Sun for Girls in 3-5 grades)
4. Hosted CPR class for parents/teachers